Friday, February 4, 2011

February

So, February has arrived and with it comes Valentine's Day, a deployment, and a birthday! My sweet little Bella will be 2 this month! I can hardly believe it! It seems weird to me that I am no longer in the baby making business, but have moved on to the baby raising business! I have 5 beautiful children- it's so weird. Now that I am moving on to this next phase of my life, I find myself wondering what my purpose is now. I would compare it to the Returned Missionary after they have come home, graduated from college, gotten married, and now what??? Your life is so scripted up until then. I think I am going back to school to finish that unfinished degree I started so many years ago. (I am, also,going to be, once again, homeschooling my children.) Now that Courtney is old enough to watch her siblings, she has graciously agreed to watch them while I have classes. I still have yet to apply, and I am hoping that it hasn't been so long that nothing I did is valid anymore, but we'll see.
So, wish me luck on this next stage of the adventure we call life!

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow Joy!! Good for you! I know just how you feel having my baby turned 2 also... I'm just not sure what I'm moving into yet. :) It will be fun to go back to school!

Amy said...

I can't believe she is 2 either! time flies too fast for me. going back to school is the greatest thing, I love it. Good luck with all your endeavors.

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday to Bella, and good luck with all of your new adventures! I just wish you could be having those adventures in New Mexico. Oh well, I'm still holding out hope that you will move back here someday.

Biggs Family said...

Happy Birthday to sweet baby bella! I'm so proud of you for making the choice to go back to school. You will love it and it will be so worth it. Love u and good luck!

Kim said...

I know how you feel. It's like drilled into us: Grow up, get married, have babies.....then what? I've still got a lot of life to live and I've already come to the end of my plan. Guess I need a new plan.
Good luck to you.

I can't believe your baby is turning two!!!!