Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ready or not... but hopefully ready!

Sorry it has been sooooo long since I posted.... I have been a VERY busy girl. As most of you know, but some may not, we have made the decision to homeschool starting this year. YIKES!!! It has taken me three long years to finally bite the bullet and just do it. After MUCH fasting and prayer we have finally realized that this is what the Lord wants for our family. That has brought me a lot of peace, but also... it scares me to death!!! I have told Jeff on numerous occasions... "I really wish this wasn't the right decision." he said "Why?", and I said " I really hope I don't make our kids stupid!" But, that is when the peace comes again. I know that this is what I am supposed to be doing, and I know that some of you will think I am crazy (or already do) but hopefully you can have the faith in me to know that I didn't make this decision lightly, and it was made with the assurance from the Lord that this is right.
Anyway...
I have my loft all set up, (pics to come) and we start tomorrow! Wish me luck!!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

You are just too good, Joy- seriously, that is so great!! I love that you are doing that- it is a lot of work, but so worth it. My good friend just moved to Idaho, and began the K12 program with her girls- she found tons of support there and it is going well. My other friend here did a similar program with her 10th grader for a year, and it was good for him.
Good luck!! I am waiting for pictures, Oh, and I started Breaking Dawn, FINALLY, and I sooooo love it!!

Venzors said...

Joy you are going to be great. I wish I had the courage to do that. Public schools suck and private is way to expensive. Good Luck!!

Jen said...

Good Luck, Joy! I hope things go well. I want to see picks, too!!!

Coneen said...

You are amazing. You will do a great job. I'm not worried at all. You are such a good mom. It will be fun and a real bonding time.
Just jump in with both feet and go for it.

Joyous said...

Thanks Everybody! Your support helps a lot and means a lot to me too! Love Ya!!

candice said...

Joy, if you and Jeff both feel this is the right thing to do, then there is no question. The Lord will help you know the right way to go, and the right things to teach your kids.

You are amazing!! Your kids will love it. Good luck! keep us updated. :)

Tammy said...

Joy you are amazing!! I think it is a great decision and I can't wait to hear some stories and see some pics. Your kids are so going to love it! If there is a mother out there that can do this it's you. Today is the first REAL day this summer when I think I'm looking forward to school starting back up. My kids are going a little bonkers and not wanting to get back "on schedule" so to speak... And here you've been at it for three days already. Way to go!