Bella Grace Simmons
February 16, 2009
6:15 PM
7 lbs 7 oz
20 1/2 inches
Ok. Now to set the record straight... we went to the hospital at 10 am. They did an ultrasound and thank heavens she was head down. So, they hooked me up to some more pit to try and bring her down to the right spot. After about 4 and a half hours they had a room full of people (doctor, midwife, labor and delivery nurse, O R tech, and the anesthesiologists) waiting to break my water. See, if the cord were to wash out when they broke my water (which was a possibility given how high up she was) they would have to get the baby out in 5 minutes.... so they were prepared. They did another quick ultrasound and miraculously she had finally engaged... but just barely. So they "needled" my water and her head came down and kept the cord out of the way. Hooray! 2 hours later she was born! After she came out we realized why she couldn't ever get down where she needed to be... she was all wrapped up in the cord. It was around her neck and wrapped around her body several times. Thanks to a lot of fasting and prayer ( thank you family!) Bella was never in distress. Her heartrate stayed right where it needed to be and she was born without ANY complications. I am so grateful to a Heavenly Father who heard and answered our pleas for her to come safely. I have such a strong testimony of Fasting, prayer, and Priesthood Blessings... what a miracle this was.
Now, for the other thing. I know there are a lot of you out there who are convinced that I am naming this sweet baby after a bunch of vampires. This is not the case. Bella is being named after 2 wonderful women who have each had a great impact in my life, and the lives of my family. I have a Grandmother who passed away last summer. She was a wonderful woman full of life and spirit and a deep love for the Gospel, and her family! Her name is Orciabell. Jeff also has a Grandmother who passed away 5 years ago on the exact day Bella was born. She was VERY strong in her convictions, and never wavered in her beliefs. She welcomed me into her family without any hesitation and taught me so many wonderful lessons. Her name is Beulah. Jeff and I have named each of our children after one member of our family or another. Courtney Coneen ( my mom, Coneen) Jessica Lynn (that's me Joy Lynn) Jaden Devon (Jeffrey Devon) and Christian Scott ( my brother Timothy Scott, and Jeff's brother Benjamin Scott). We love family names and the heritage it provides. So, we combined the two names of these two wonderful women and the charming result is Bella. So there you have it. I am so thankful that my baby will grow up carrying the namesake of these women.
15 comments:
Congrats! I am so glad the lord protected her and gave you a healthy child. You have 5 awesome blessings, enjoy every minute with her!
Wow!! That's crazy!! I am so glad she came out okay! Congratulations!!!
Joy what patience and determination on both of you and Bella's part. What a strong baby girl. Congratulations Joy and Jeff! And what a great testimony.I love her name and already forgot that name was in twilight.
Yeah! Congrats. I am so glad that she is here safe and sound and that you have been put out of your misery! I can't wait to meet her!
Congradulations!!! What a beautiful sweet little girl! I love her name and the story behind it! I can't believe you have five kids, it seems like just yesterday that we were in college having the time of our lives! Congrats and we wish you the very best with her and your cute little family. We miss you guys!!! :)
Oh, Joy- she is just beautiful!! Bella is just a ray of sunshine- such a darling!! Can't wait to see pics of her growing and changing! Congrats to you all!! We are thinking of you and sending our well wishes and lots of love!
Beautiful baby, beautiful name...
Congrats.
She is absolutely beautiful. I am so glad that she made it here safe and sound. I agree fasting and prayer really do work. It is amazing! I love you guys, can't wait to meet her sometime. When are you having Bella's blessing?
Congratulations!!! I am so glad Bella made it safe and sound. She is Beautiful.
She is beautiful!! What a wonderful little blessing she is and such a fun addition to the family.
Okay- I admit that I asked Beth if there was a relationship between the name and the books. lol. Not that it matters either way, of course. :) It is such a gorgeous name. I've always loved it as a nickname for Isabella but never thought to use it as THE name. It is a sweet name for a super cute little girlie and honors two wonderful women. It's perfect.
Good work Mama! Congratulations to you all!
Congratulations Joy!!! I am relieved for you what a beautiful little girl. Can't wait to meet Bella.
I'm so happy everything worked out so well. We were thinking about you all day on Monday and hoping for the best. Congrats. Now get off the computer and go to bed so you can get better soon!
Welcome Beautiful Bella!! I love how you named her, what an honor for her namesakes. Little Bella could not sit still long enough to get born, I think you have a "go getter" on your hands. just like you! Congrats to your beautiful family and all the joyful blessings to you all. Love you!
Joy! Congratulations! Im so happy for you guys! What a miracle! Tell little Bella I say hello :) and the rest of the kiddies. Love you
Bella is so darling. We are so happy that everything went ok and that there were no complications. Fasting and prayers are truly a blessing. It was easy to make the assumption about Bella the vampire because of how much you love the Twilight series, but it is a wonderful tribute to name her after your grandparents. I can't wait to see her.
Post a Comment